Christopher A. Meeks
Christopher Meeks is a New Orleans native and a graduate of Brother Martin High School. Mr. Meeks attended Louisiana State University where he earned a Bachelor of Arts in International Studies and History with minors in Spanish, Anthropology, and Economics. After graduating from LSU, he attended law school at LSU’s Paul M. Hebert Law Center and earned his Juris Doctorate with a Graduate Diploma in Comparative Law.
Prior to joining Scott, Vicknair, Hair & Checki, Mr. Meeks represented individuals in a variety of legal matters, including personal injury litigation, insurance disputes, medical malpractice cases, criminal defense, employment dispute proceedings, home foreclosures, successions, estate planning, and many others both a solo practitioner and in a firm context. While he maintains a diverse civil practice, his focus is in the areas of commercial and property litigation. Above all, his practice is dedicated to protecting and preserving the rights of individuals and business owners.
Mr. Meeks first gained a reputation in the legal community as a no holds barred litigator unafraid of facing Goliath. To this day, his practice still centers around facing seemingly insurmountable odds and politically charged and highly contested litigation matters across Louisiana. When asked about his practice, Mr. Meeks boasts that he has the best practice in the world – he focuses on representing truly good people who are being taken advantage of by others.
- Louisiana State University, B.A. in International Studies and History, 2009
- Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University, Juris Doctor, May 2013
- All Louisiana State Courts, 2014
- United State District Court for the Western District of Louisiana, 2015
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana, 2016
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana, 2016
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Baton Rouge Bar Assocation
- Pro Bono Project, Baton Rouge Bar Foundation
- Louisiana Association for Justice
- Chair of the New Lawyers Division, Louisiana Association for Justice
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Licensed Title Insurance Producer ILA), License No. 629378