David P. Vicknair
David practices in the areas of construction law and litigation, business and commercial litigation, handles successions, estate planning, asset protection, and business succession planning, and also represents individuals and small businesses in class action litigation. David is general counsel to many small to medium sized corporations and small businesses.
David’s general counsel practice is focused on advising business owners, developers, and individuals on contract drafting and negotiation, governmental regulatory compliance at the state and federal level, labor related issues, and legal issues encountered throughout the course of business.
David’s litigation practice has a primary focus on construction and real estate litigation, but also involves property and casualty loss litigation, as well as various types of general personal injury litigation. He maintains a blog and website dedicated to construction and real estate related issues at www.louisianaconstructionlawyer.com.
David has been named as class counsel and been involved in multiple multi-district litigation class actions in Louisiana, including the BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill, In re: Xarelto, and Chinese Drywall, all within the Eastern District of Louisiana.
David earned his B.A. in Business Administration, cum laude, from Nicholls State University in 2007; and his Juris Doctor in May 2011 from Loyola University New Orleans School of Law. At Loyola, David was a member of the Loyola Moot Court, where he was selected as an oralist on the Cultural Heritage Moot Court team which placed 1st at DePaul University’s National Cultural Heritage Moot Court competition. David was also selected as an oralist on Loyola’s National Moot Court team. David received several honors and awards at Loyola, including induction into the Order of the Barristers and the Law Excellence Award for the highest grade in Constitutional Law, Advanced Constitutional Law, and Products Liability.
- Nicholls State University, B.A. in Business Administration, 2007
- Loyola University New Orleans School of Law, Juris Doctor, May 2011
- Louisiana, 2011
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 2011
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana, 2011
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana, 2014
- United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana, 2015
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Louisiana Association for Justice (LAJ)
- Volunteers of America
- Pro Bono Project
- Lakeview Civic Improvement Association
- Nicholls State University Alumni Association
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon Louisiana Chi Alumni Association and Chapter Advisory Board
Reported Decisions & Publications
- Stallings Construction Company, Inc. v. Klein Steel, Inc., 112 So.3d 389 (La.App. 4 Cir. 2013)
- Industrial and Mechanical Contractors, Inc. v. Polk Construction Corp., et al, 2014 WL 2719462 (E.D. La. 2014)
- LRC Energy, LLC, et al v. Erica Lisco, et al, 2015 WL 6506180 (W.D. La. 2015)
- VOA National Housing Corporation v. Instar Services Group, LP, 2014 WL 6698317 (E.D. La. 2014)
- Equipco, L.L.C. v. Laporte Plumbing & Heating, Inc., 2013 WL 5779510
- Real Estate Agent Liability and Litigation Considerations, CE